Emergency Procedures

EMERGENCY PLUMBER:              AUSPLUMBING    MOBILE  0414 226 201


HANDYMAN:                                    RON        MOBILE  0412 944 333

SUSAN WYATT   mobile  0402 080 118

DARRAN WYATT  mobile  0411 799 047

PLUMBING – Turn off the water supply.

TOILET OVERFLOWING:   Turn off the tap at the back of the toilet near the ground.  If you cant see a tap than it will be inside the cistern.  Lift off the lid by unscrewing the screw on the top of the toilet and the tap will be inside.  See the link below for more information:-


KITCHEN SINK:   Turn off the tap underneath the sink.


If a pipe is leaking¬†–¬†Turn off¬†the ‘stop cock’ (this is a tap which can turn off or reduce the water supply to the house).¬† It is generally at the front of the house, either along a side fence or behind the front fence.

ELECTRICIAL:    Turn off all electricity at the power switch.

Urgent repairs –¬† Information from the Tenancy Advisory Service

Urgent repairs means any work needed to repair any of the following:

  • a burst water service
  • a broken or malfunctioning appliance, fitting or fixture causing a substantial waste of water
  • a blocked or broken toilet
  • a serious roof leak
  • a gas leak
  • a dangerous electrical fault
  • flooding or serious flood damage
  • serious storm or fire damage
  • a failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply
  • a failure or breakdown of any essential service for hot water, cooking, heating, cooling or laundering
  • any fault or damage that makes the premises unsafe or insecure.

Getting urgent repairs done

Notify the landlord/agent ‚Äď in writing if possible ‚Äď about what needs fixing. Follow up any conversations with a letter. Keep a copy of the letter and a record of any conversations as evidence that you have notified the landlord/agent.

If the landlord/agent cannot be contacted or is unwilling to do the urgent repairs, you can arrange for them to be done. However, you must be able to show that:

  • the problem was not your fault
  • you have made a ‚Äėreasonable‚Äô attempt to contact the landlord/agent
  • you have given the landlord/agent a ‚Äėreasonable‚Äô opportunity to do the repairs
  • the repairs are carried out by a repair person named in your tenancy agreement (if possible) or by a licensed or qualified tradesperson.

You must give the landlord/agent written notice detailing the repairs, costs and copies of receipts. The landlord must pay you for any reasonable costs you incurred up to $1000 within 14 days of your notice.

If the landlord does not pay, you can apply to the CTTT within 3 months for an order that they do so.

If you cannot afford to pay for urgent repairs, apply to the CTTT for an urgent hearing for the repairs to be done. You may apply to the CTTT for a rent reduction until the repairs are done (see below).